Project Management Professional Preparation – (PMP)® Course by EduPro
In the past few decades, organizations have discovered that the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many executives are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
This seminar specifically prepares candidates for the exam for Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. In this intensive course candidates will learn about all the aspects of the project management process flow as well as the knowledge areas from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Guide. Project Management Institute (PMI) the world’s leading association for project managers, acknowledges the ISO 21500 global project management standard.
Concept of job placement assistance
There are different demographics and cultures having different expectations of your role as a project manager. However, it is important to note that PMP certification is recognized across the globe. That is why companies or corporations will be more apt to select a PMP holder for their project management needs. There is likelihood that managers with PMP certification will be preferred standard for project managers
Project Management Professional Certification is not only worldwide but industry wide as well. There are a lot of industries that require managers with PMP certification. Some of the examples are structural engineering, energy engineering, oil and gas industries, transportation, architecture, consulting, IT and construction.
The PMP can also provide a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification.
Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals
The PMP signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide
Outcome of the seminar
Enhancement of PM knowledge, skills and competences and preparation to successfully take the PMP exam which brings the following benefits:
- Industry recognized certification
- Earning potential
- Benefit to employer
- Be a member of a community of professionals
To ensure that candidates obtain maximum support and guidance, we provide an intensive modular course that covers all topics related to the practical project management. The course will take the form of a workshop and it will facilitate effective self-study for those who will sit for the PMP® Certification Exam.
The program is a workshop with practical application exercises and case studies. The toolkit consists of a book on Project Management (workbook), instructor notes, exercises, case studies.
The trainer is PMP® certified, PMI-RMP® certified, MS Project 2010 certified, and has a long experience in project management..
The course Training Objectives are:
- Define projects, project management and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and knowledge areas as defined by the PMI®
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and develop goals, requirements and deliverables
- Develop key project documents
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure tool
- Develop project planning documents, such as schedule, risk management plan and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including leading status meetings and ensuring all documents are complete at the end of the project
Day 1: Introduction – Project management integration, scope, time
- Introduction to Project Management
- PMP Certification Processes, eligibility criteria and application process (PMI)
- PMP Process Groups and Knowledge Areas
- Project’s Life Cycle
- How Integration Management ties the various Project Management processes and activities together
- Value and application of the Project Charter
- Development of the Project Management Plan
- Impact that Scope Management has on project success
- Parts of a Scope Management Plan
Day 2: Initiation of a Project and Scheduling
- WBS and how is it developed
- Concept of scope verification
- How scope control influences and manages change
- How decomposition is used to identify project activities
- Time management cases, schedule, network diagrams
- Cost management, project budget, cost estimation, monitor and control cost
- Exercises and case studies associated with Earned Value Method – EVM
Day 3: Time management (cont., cost, quality issues)
- Quality approaches: TQM, ISO, Six-Sigma
- Cost of quality, quality management plan
- Quality assurance, quality control
- Quality improvement Cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Quality tools: Pareto diagram, Fishbone, histograms, checklists etc
- Human resources: who does what and why
- Motivation, conflict management, team building
- RACI matrix
Day 4: Project Communication – Stakeholders Management – Risk
- Stakeholders Management
- Communication management in projects
- Project documents and reports
- Risk management plan
- Identifying risks
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Risk responses management plan, threats and opportunities
- Monitoring and controlling risks, watch lists
Day 5: Project procurement and Closure
- Procurement management plan
- Procurement documents (RFP, RFQ, RFB, RFI)
- Procurement types (FP, CR, T&M)
- Make or buy analysis
- Closing a project
- Self-Study Preparation and Guidelines
“PMI®” is a service and trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations.
“PMP®” and the PMP logo are certification marks of the Project Management Institute which are registered in the United States and other nations.
“PMBOK®” is a trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. which is registered in the United States and other nations.
Apply and prepare for the exam
Applications for the exam can be submitted online and once authorised by PMI can be scheduled online in Prometric test centers.
During the course participants will receive guidance and support to fill their applications in a proper way.
Exam strategies, tips and guidance on specifics on PMP exam are included in the course structure together with additional references for resources so they can better prepare themselves for the exam.
Exam preparation will be adjusted to the last updated version of Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Workbook files
- PMP sheets
- Self-assessment quizzes and more than 400 exam simulated questions
Stergios Damianos, MBA, BA, PMP, RMP, MCP, CBAP
Analytical CV: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sdamianos
Mr. Stergios Damianos is Trainer and Facilitator (for more than 20 years) in Business Training. He holds master degree in Business Administration (MBA). He is certified as Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®, Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)®, and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in MS Project 2010. He is also a certified trainer of adults of non-formal education. From 1989 to 2013 has provided his services from various aspects in the field of administration, management, business analysis, project management and education in numerous national and multinational military organizations. Since 2014, he is a training consultant and seminars’ instructor on topics mainly of project management, business analysis, project risk management and Microsoft project software. He has been teaching PM among others to the Hellenic Management Association (EEDE), the National Centre for Public Administration and Local Government (EKDDA) and in US Army in Europe,
Specific dates to be negotiated at customer’s convenience